Raised in Queens, but Brooklyn dude through and through Current projects: 1. getting it together 2. raising kids who will contribute to mankind 4. striving to attain enlightenment and to master life, in my current life time .
What do you like to write about?
I just write about things that we think about, but may be uncomfortable to talk about. We live in a viral world so it's easy to find a wide range of topics, but I tend to think of myself as a horrible blogger. I am not a subject matter expert per se, and I don't stick to one topic as most leading bloggers do. Call me a "non-conformist," but at the end of the day, I only want to impact thought... in other words, how can my words impact? That is my ultimate mission.
Aiiit. Cool. Now tell us more about you.
I hate questions like this, only because I hate to talk about me. I grew up in Queens, NY and have lived most of my adult life in Brooklyn, NY. I'm now living in Houston, TX. I am single as well. I have an entrepreneurial spirit, from new web technology to gadgets, I enjoy finding ways of using the web to streamline life. I also love purple skittles, blueberry pancakes and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. As far as hobbies, I love all types of fitness, traveling, writing, being a complete fool - and I love blogging of course.
Cool. So tell me a few things about The MANChild Swagga that most people would be surprised to know?
Hmmmm... let me see. Well, I think that most people are surprised to learn that:
* As a youngster I enjoyed rock - I actually wanted to be a first Rock-Rapper. I hung out with a group of Black rockers growing up and aspired to live the nafarious life. Living Colour, Rage Against The Machine, Led Zeppelin, Scorpions, Def Leppard all that. Weird huh?
* My non-traditional habits aften left me with strange books in my hand... I grew up reading works by Erma Bombeck and Hunter S. Thompson... oh yeah, I also read Danielle Steele (don't ask me why).
* I am a hip hop junkie frozen in time. The Wu Family, Nas, Mobb Deep, Rass Kass, Gangstarr, De La Soul, PE, and others from the early 90's - they stay on auto play.
* My dream is to resurrect Tupac's "Thug Life" idea into a manual for living designed for young Black men. Actually, this would simply be a continuation of Tupac's dream. Why? Check this out.
Very interesting. Anything else?
* If I could marry a celebrity, I would marry Nia Long. Megan Fox would place a close second. 3rd place? Oprah.
* I consider myself to be one of the best undiscovered hip hop freestylers this side of Jeezy (jk).
* My dream second career? I aspire to be a 65 year old Yogi that shares wellness tips to young nubian cougars in the confines of my fortress on the island of Niihau. Until then... "do you want fries with that burger homie?" Oh, I did I share that I rap too?
Ok Mr. Undiscovered Freestyler, give me a sample of something lyrically.
Well, since Nas is my favorite, this is my prototype (so to speak):
"Swag is like.." Sex to a nympho, but nothin sweet
I'm like beef, bustin heat through your windows
I'm like a street sweeper, greenleaf reaper
Like Greeks in Egypt, learnin somethin deep from they teachers
I'm like crime, like your nine, your man you would die for
Always got you, I'm like Pop Duke you would cry for
I'm like a whole lot of loot, I'm like crisp money
Corporate accounts from a rich company
I'm like ecstasy for ladies, I'm like all races
combined in one man; like the '09 summer jam
Bulletproof Hummer man
I'm like being locked down around new faces, and none of em fam'
I'm the feelin of a millionaire spendin a hundred grand
I'm a poor man's dream, a thug poet
Live it, and I write down and I watch it blow up
Y'all know what I'm like, y'all read it on your computer every night
I like to write about things that normally don't surface in traditional media, with an emphasis on cultural awareness and pursuits of a better life. My work has been published by ESSENCE.com, Rolling Out Magazine, and a few other publications.
My professional background is in technology and eduction, where I have consulted and spearheaded enterprise-wide training projects for The World Bank and several leading financial firms. I have also worked directly for a few international companies based in Ireland and Japan. I am also an Army veteran.
If you enjoy the blog, please feel free to post comments, share with your friends, and please SUBSCRIBE to stay updated.