Let me be one of the few to share that ANYONE can make money blogging, and it is simple to get started. I've done both with very minimal effort - and there are several reasons why you can too. So, consider this your official 2011 guide - for those that seriously want to put forth some effort in making money while blogging. I LOVE blogging, but I am also all about sharing, so I encourage you to sit back and enjoy as I share several resources and tips that have made me money. And I promise to keep this funny as well as informative.
Ok, this is how it works. This guide will be a working document that'll be very user-friendly (meaning, each post will be quick 3 minute reads) for know-it-alls, dummies, on-the-fencers, non-writers, and even those with blogs that simply need a re-fresh. Business owners that have a website but no blog will gain tremendous value from this guide as well. All know-it-alls are encouraged to share - I don't claim to be an expert; I'm just a player in the game.
So if you are interested in getting paid too, let's do it. Just do one of the following:
- Simply stop by my blog and look in the right hand sidebar where you will see the "BLOG TIPS" banner - it's sitting next to the armed guard - simply click on it to view updated tips and news from this series. I will spit one out each week.
- Subscribe to my blog here and I will drop these tips right in your email inbox as they post.
Cool? Ok, so without further adieu...
Here are the 10 Reasons why (I think that) ANYONE can make money blogging:
- You don't need to be a writer, author or subject matter expert - anymore. Blogging rules have changed and nowadays, it is great for anyone, especially class clowns like me.
- Google ads do pay - they are free and easy to set-up.
- You do not have to be a technical wizard to blog.
- It is not as time consuming as a part-time job.
- Blogging opens many unforeseen doors in your social and/or professional life. Opportunity knocks for all nerds and introverts.
- People will read your blog - no friends required, but you will make a lot of new friends.
- It simplifies the social media circus that many of us are trapped in.
- It costs absolutely nothing to blog.
- It helps existing businesses to grow exponentially.
- It takes less than 20 minutes to set up a blog.
Did I get your attention with this? If so, your next queston should be "How?" correct? Well, over the next few weeks I will share a few of my money making tips in a very easy to follow format. The general topics will feature benefits that I've outlined in my 10 Reasons why... list - the principle subjects will be:
- The Business of Blogging: Money Talks
- Free Revenue Streams: Google Ads, Networking, and Freelancing
- The AnythingUrban Guide to Getting Started:
- Frequently Asked Questions
If this subject matter bores you, no worries... I'll still be dropping a few general muses in between time.
But in the meantime, get your popcorn ready, and please "empty your cup" - you will never lose a penny listening to a good idea. And in today's world, where technology continues to drive so many facets of our business world, blogging is a healthy hustle. There are so many folks out here that are profiting from blogging, and you can too.
If you have any questions, please feel free to pass them on to me... email@example.com
I think that I am maturing as a blogger - thanks to a few good friends for pushing me in this direction. And peep the new banner for this series (yes, those are my fashion model fingers at work):